Wheels For O&K Escalators
Dating back to 1876 O&K were a German engineering company specialising in railway vehicles and construction equipment. O&K (Orenstein & Koppel Rolltreppen GmbH) was the escalator and moving walks manufacturing division established in the 1960’s. The escalator division was incorporated in KONE in 1987 a major leader in the industry. O&K escalators are still operational worldwide, requiring ongoing servicing and maintenance.
How Escalators Work
Essentially an escalator consists of a pair of chains looped around two gears. The chain loops are rotated by the drive gears at the top of the escalator which is powered by an electric motor. The motor and chain system are enclosed in a metal structure called the truss which encases the structure between the two floors.
A series of interlocking steps are rotated via the chain loops, carrying passengers from bottom to top and vice versa. The steps remain level until they reach the truss entry and exit points where they collapse to create a platform for the passenger to board or exit.
The steps each have a set of wheels that roll along tracks
- Chain rollers, which are connected to the rotating chains powered by the drive gear, have to absorb the weight of the chain and chain hoist
- Step rollers, which must withstand the weight of the steps and passengers.
As such escalator rollers must be durable and be able to operate continuously under extreme conditions. At TEP Technica Ltd we are proud to be the trusted partner of Faigle AG in the UK and Eire, the leading supplier of wheels in the escalator industry.
The demanding environments in which escalators operate demand robust component parts. Escalators operate most efficiently when each component is engineered to a high standard and in good working condition. Faigle wheels are produced using advanced materials to offer exceptional mechanical characteristics. Protected against high humidity and hydrolysis-resistant with high load bearing capability, robustness, sound and vibration dampening, Faigle rollers are used in around 70% of all escalators and moving walks worldwide.
Applications For O&K Escalators
- Commercial Shopping Mall
- Convention Centre
Faigle plastic rollers provide:
- Excellent comfort for users and smooth operation
- No hydrolysis-related ageing or damage – reliable operation in damp environments
- Compliance with all application requirements, coupled with efficient use of material
- Original OEM-approved part – risk-free application, including in replacement part market
- The state of the art for the escalator industry – approved by OEMs, operators and public authorities
IF YOU NEED REPLACEMENT WHEELS FOR YOUR O&K ESCALATOR, SHOP THE TEP TECHNICA RANGE OF FAIGLE WHEELS, OR GET IN TOUCH WITH OUR TECHNICAL SUPPORT TEAM
CALL: +44 (0) 1256 763744.