Toshiba Escalator Wheels
Toshiba have been innovators in technology for over 140 years –Toshiba Elevator and Building Systems Corporation are manufacturers of elevators, escalators, and moving walks. Being part of the Toshiba Group ultilizes the benefits of a global infrastructure and access to cutting edge technology, innovation and service.
The "Kindmover" range of Toshiba escalators incorporate design features to help reduce energy consumption, making them ‘kinder’ to the environment.
Energy saving LED lighting is incorporated at the skirt guard, step demarcation and comb. LED lights not only use less energy, but they also have a longer life span than fluorescent lights.
When passengers are not using the escalator, the Kindomver automatically changes to low speed standby mode. Fitted with a sensor to detect a passenger, the escalator will gradually accelerate to its rated speed.
In cities and buildings throughout the globe, escalators are used as part of daily life. With the high volume of people using these machines, safety is paramount.
In order to protect the safety of escalator users, Toshiba has incorporated many safety features in the design of its escalator range.
- Inlet brush – this guard at the entrance of the handrail prevents hands becoming trapped.
- Skirt guard safety device – this device detects passengers' feet in the gap between the step and skirt guard and automatically stops the escalator.
- Broken step chain safety device – in the unlikely event that the chain drive is disconnected this device automatically locks the moving mechanism.
- Step up thrust safety device – this device detects if footwear is caught in the gap
Other safety features include:
- Reversal protection safety device
- Broken drive chain safety device
- Electromagnetic brake
- Electric-circuit protective device
- Inlet brush/handrail inlet safety device
- Emergency stop button
- Comb safety device
- Step sag safety device
- Handrail speed monitoring device
- Missing step detection
- Soft front edge step
Applications For Toshiba Escalators
- Commercial Buildings
- Public Buildings
- Shopping Centres
- Conference Centres & Exhibition Centres
- Airports, Railway Stations, Bus Stations
As the leading manufacturer of roller wheels for escalators and moving walkways throughout the world Faigle are experts in plastics. Developing materials has enabled Faigle to engineer unrivaled properties for use in extreme conditions.
The Faigle reputation has been founded on outstanding quality and testing management, which ensures the highest possible levels of product quality which is why Faigle supply around 70% of all rollers used on escalators and moving walkways worldwide. At TEP Technica we are proud to be the trusted partner of Faigle AG in the UK and Eire.
IF YOU NEED REPLACEMENT WHEELS FOR YOUR TOSHIBA ESCALATOR, SHOP THE TEP TECHNICA RANGE OF FAIGLE WHEELS, OR GET IN TOUCH WITH OUR TECHNICAL SUPPORT TEAM
CALL: +44 (0) 1256 763744.